The unit was formed in February 1920 as 1 Highland Brigade Royal Field Artillery (TF). Initially, it consisted of 1 to 3 City of Aberdeen Batteries and the Inverness Battery from the Inverness-shire RHA. In 1921 it became 75 (Highland) Brigade Royal Field Artillery (TA). The Brigade changed title again in June 1924 becoming 75 (Highland) Field Brigade Royal Artillery (TA). The Regiment was re-designated 75 (Highland) Field Regiment RA (TA) from 75 Field Brigade in November 1938 on a two battery basis. A third battery was raised in February 1941. In September 1943 75 (Highland) Field Regiment RA (TA) was converted to 75 (Highland) Heavy Regiment RA (TA). It was placed in suspended animation in December 1946 and reconstituted in January 1947 as 276 (Highland) Field Regiment RA (TA).
Illustrations of the formation badges under which a unit served or supported are given. This is no guarantee that the unit used this formations badge.
|3 Sep 39||51 Infantry Division|
|Jan 40||51 Infantry Division||France|
|Jul 40||31 Inf Bde Group||UK|
|Feb 43||47 Infantry Division||UK|
|Apr 43||Home Forces||UK|
|Jun 43||1 Army||N Africa|
|Jul 43||Allied Forces HQ||N Africa|
|Sep 43||Became 75 Heavy Regiment|
|1921||297, 298, 299, 300|
|Nov 38||299, 300 (City of Aberdeen) – 297 & 298 Batteries to 126 Field Regiment|
|Feb 41||299, 300, 453|