The Regiment was re-designated 6 Field Regiment RA from 6 Field Brigade in May 1938. Prior to this, it had been 6 Brigade Royal Field Artillery since 1903. It changed its title from Royal Field Artillery to Royal Artillery in June 1924. The Regiment was reduced to a cadre in March 1939 in India and disbanded in July 1940 at Mhow. It was re-formed at Maidstone in January 1943 from personnel from 189 Field Regiment RA. It subsequently served in NW Europe from June 1944 with both 2 Army and 3 Infantry Division. By the end of the war the Regiment were on garrison duties in the Harburg area. Post war the 6 Field Regiment RA was re-designated as 67 Training Regiment RA in April 1947.
Illustrations of the formation badges under which a unit served or supported are given. This is no guarantee that the unit used this formations badge.
|Sep 39||RHQ & batteries as a cadre||India|
|Jul 40||Disbanded||Mhow, India|
|Jan 43||Re-formed from 189 Field Regiment personnel||Maidstone, Kent, UK|
|Mar 44||2 Army||UK|
|Jun 44||2 Army||NW Europe|
|Aug 45||3 Infantry Division||NW Europe|
|Mar 1900||74, 77, 79|
|May 20||42, 69, 434, 435, 1203|
|Jan 43||69, 74, 77/79|