525 (Antrim) Coast Regiment RA (TA) was formed by the re-designation of the Antrim Heavy Regiment RA (TA), in July 1940. The Heavy Regiment had been formed in the March of 1940 by expansion of 188 (Antrim) Heavy Battery RA (TA). The Regiment was placed in suspended animation in June 1945. 525 (Antrim) Coast Regiment RA (TA) was reconstituted as 429 (Antrim) Coast Regiment RA (TA) in January 1947.
Illustrations of the formation badges under which a unit served or supported are given. This is no guarantee that the unit used this formations badge.
|Jul 40||Formed from Antrim Heavy Regiment||Belfast, UK|
|Jul 40||Northern Ireland District||Belfast, UK|
|Jun 45||Suspended animation|
|Jul 40||A (Grey Point Fort), B (Kilroot)|
|Feb 41||A, B, C (Orlock Point), 380 (Magilligan Point), 381 (Larne)|
|Apr 41||113 (Grey Point Fort), 114 (Kilroot), 115 (Orlock Point), 380, 381|
|6 x 6 inch Guns||Belfast||A, B & C Batteries
later 113, 114, 115 Batteries
|2 x 6 inch Guns||Larne||381 Battery|
|2 x 6 inch Guns
1 x 12 pdr Gun