63 (Queen’s) Searchlight Regiment RA (TA) was formed in August 1940 at Croydon in London by the transfer of 4th Battalion The Queen’s Royal Regiment (West Surrey) (63 Searchlight Regiment) (TA) to the Royal Artillery. The Regiment served in Anti-Aircraft Command in London and the South of England, until its conversion to Light Anti-Aircraft. 63 (Queen’s) Searchlight Regiment RA (TA) was converted to 127 Light Anti-Aircraft Regiment in February 1942. The Regiment was re-constituted as 598 (Queen’s) Light Anti-Aircraft Regiment RA (TA) in January 1947.
Illustrations of the formation badges under which a unit served or supported are given. This is no guarantee that the unit used this formations badge.
|Nov 38||4th Queen’s Royal Regiment
(63 Searchlight Regiment)
|Croydon, London, UK|
|Aug 40||Became RA||Bentley, Hampshire, UK|
|Aug 40||5 Anti-Aircraft Division, 47 Anti-Aircraft Brigade||Southampton, Hampshire, UK|
|Oct 41||1 Anti-Aircraft Division, 38 Light Anti-Aircraft Brigade||London, UK|
|Feb 42||Became 127 Light Anti-Aircraft Regiment|
|Nov 38||438, 439, 440|
|Apr 40||438, 439, 440, 474 (attached)|
|Jul 40||438, 439, 440|
|Nov 40||438, 439, 440, 524|
|Jan 42||397, 439, 440, 524|