14 (West Lothian Royal Scots) Light Anti-Aircraft Regiment RA (TA) was formed with two batteries converted from a company of 4/5th Battalion The Royal Scots (TA) in July 1938. The Regiment was placed in suspended animation in January 1947 at Pilton Camp, Edinburgh. It was re-designated 46 Light Anti-Aircraft Regiment RA as a war formed unit and the original TA unit, 14 (West Lothian Royal Scots) Light Anti-Aircraft Regiment RA (TA), re-constituted as 514 (West Lothian Royal Scots) Light Anti-Aircraft Regiment RA (TA) in early 1947.
Illustrations of the formation badges under which a unit served or supported are given. This is no guarantee that the unit used this formations badge.
|Sep 39||3 Anti-Aircraft Division, 51 Anti-Aircraft Brigade||Linlithgow, West Lothian, UK|
|Apr 41||Tobruk Garrison – 4 Anti-Aircraft Brigade||Tobruk, Libya|
|Sep 41||8 Army||N Africa|
|Feb 42||Middle East Forces||Nile Delta, Egypt|
|Oct 42||8 Army – 12 Anti-Aircraft Brigade||Alamein, Egypt|
|Jul 43||Middle East Forces||N Africa|
|Sep 43||8 Army, 12 Anti-Aircraft Brigade||Salerno, Italy|
|Jan 45||Home Forces||UK|
|Sep 39||39, 40, 57, 58|
|Jul 40||39, 40, 57|
|Apr 41||20mm Breda, 40mm Bofors|
|Jan 43||36 x 40mm Bofors|