Formed in May 1940 from the RA Instructional Wing, to support 23 Division who had no artillery. Personnel were drawn from the RA Base Depot. Because of a lack of stores including sights, the unit acted in an anti-tank role firing over open sights. They were evacuated from Dunkirk and disbanded in June 1940.
|17 May 40||Formed by RA Instructional Wing||British Expeditionary Force Base, France|
|26 Jun 40||Disbanded||UK|
|May 40||A, B, C, D|
|1940||12 x 18/25 pdr, 5 x 18 pdr (various Marks), 2 x 4.5 inch Howitzers|
To support 23 Division who had no artillery.
Manned by officers and men from RA Base Depot, equipped with an assortment of guns towed by whatever trucks were available.
Fought from Cambrai Canal to La Couronne under various Divisional commands. Due to a total lack of stores including gun sights, was deployed in an anti-tank role firing over open sights.
Evacuated from Dunkirk and disbanded 26 Jun 40.