The unit formed as 1 West Riding Brigade Royal Field Artillery (TF) in February 1920 with its HQ at Leeds, Yorkshire. At this time it had 1 to 3 West Riding Batteries of that Brigade and 11 West Riding Battery from 4 West Riding Brigade. It became 69 (West Riding) Brigade Royal Field Artillery (TA) in 1921. It changed its title again in June 1924 when it became 69 (West Riding) Field Brigade Royal Artillery (TA). 69 (West Riding) Field Regiment RA (TA) was re-designated from 69 Field Brigade in November 1938 on a two battery basis. A third battery was raised in May 1941. Post war, 69 (West Riding) Field Regiment RA (TA) was placed into suspended animation in December 1946 and reconstituted as 269 (West Riding) Field Regiment RA(TA) in January 1947.
Illustrations of the formation badges under which a unit served or supported are given. This is no guarantee that the unit used this formations badge.
|3 Sep 39||49 Infantry Division||Leeds, Yorkshire, UK|
|May 40||49 Infantry Division||Iceland|
|Aug 42||49 Infantry Division||UK|
|Jun 44||49 Infantry Division||NW Europe|
|Feb 20||1 West Riding, 2 West Riding, 3 West Riding, 11 West Riding|
|1921||273, 274, 275, 276|
|Nov 38||273 (1st West Riding), 274 (2nd West Riding) – 275 & 276 to 121 Field Regiment|
|May 41||273, 274, 448|
|Jan 43||189, 273, 448|