Formed as 3 South Midland Brigade Royal Field Artillery (TF) in February 1920. It had four batteries. It had 1 & 2 Warwickshire Batteries from 3 South Midland Brigade. Joining them were 3 Warwickshire Battery from the Warwickshire RHA & 4 Warwickshire Battery from 4 South Midland Brigade. It became 68 (South Midland) Brigade RFA (TA) in 1921. The title changed again in June 1924 to 68 (South Midland) Field Brigade Royal Artillery (TA). The Regiment was re-designated 68 (South Midland) Field Regiment RA (TA) from 68 Field Brigade in November 1938 on a two battery basis. A third battery was raised in May 1941. 68 (South Midland) Field Regiment RA (TA) was placed in suspended animation in February 1946 and reconstituted in January 1947 as 268 (Warwickshire) Field Regiment RA (TA).
Illustrations of the formation badges under which a unit served or supported are given. This is no guarantee that the unit used this formations badge.
|3 Sep 39||48 Infantry Division||Birmingham, UK|
|Jan 40||48 Infantry Division||France|
|Jun 40||48 Infantry Division||UK|
|Aug 42||Home Forces||UK|
|Mar 43||10 Army||Iraq|
|Aug 43||10 Indian Division||Palestine|
|Sep 43||10 Indian Division||Syria|
|Oct 43||10 Indian Division||Egypt|
|Nov 43||10 Indian Division||Palestine|
|Mar 44||10 Indian Division||Italy|
|1921||269, 270, 271, 272|
|Nov 38||269 (Warwick), 271 (Warwick) – 270 & 272 Batteries to 120 Field Regiment|
|May 41||269, 271, 447|