191 (Hertfordshire & Essex Yeomanry) Field Regiment RA was formed from personnel in 86 & 147 Field Regiments in December 1942 with three batteries. Each Field Regiment supplied a batteries worth of men, the remainder coming from disbanded Infantry Battalions. The Regiment served in the UK and North West Europe. 191 (Hertfordshire & Essex Yeomanry) Field Regiment RA was disbanded in January 1945.
Illustrations of the formation badges under which a unit served or supported are given. This is no guarantee that the unit used this formations badge.
|Dec 42||Formed from 86 & 147 Field Regiments||Slingsby, Yorkshire, UK|
|Dec 42||Home Forces||UK|
|Mar 43||42 Armoured Division||Trowbridge, Wiltshire, UK|
|Oct 43||2 Canadian Army Group RA||Sutton, Surrey, UK|
|Apr 44||2 Army||Billericay, Essex, UK|
|Jun 44||2 Army||Normandy, France|
|Sep 44||4 Army Group RA||Le Havre, France|
|Oct 44||1 Corps||Turnhout, Belgium|
|Nov 44||1 Corps||Etten, Holland|
|Dec 42||532, 533, 534|
|Feb 43||533 & 534 – 25 pdr Guns, 532 – 18/25 pdr Guns|
|May 43||24 x 25 pdr Guns|
|1943||Crusader Mk3 Observation Post tanks later replaced by Cavaliers.
OP tanks were removed in May 44 and then loaned by the supported formation.