153 (Leicestershire Yeomanry) Field Regiment RA (TA) was converted from The Leicestershire Yeomanry (Prince Albert’s Own) (TA) in February 1940 with two batteries . In January 1941 a third battery was formed. The Regiment was ordered to disband but this was ammended to suspended animation. It went into suspended animation in December 1946 in NW Europe. 153 (Leicestershire Yeomanry) Field Regiment RA (TA) was re-constituted as The Leicestershire Yeomanry (Prince Albert’s Own) Royal Armoured Corps (TA) in January 1947.
Illustrations of the formation badges under which a unit served or supported are given. This is no guarantee that the unit used this formations badge.
|Feb 40||Formed from Leicestershire Yeomanry||Rufford Abbey, Nottinghamshire, UK|
|Feb 40||Home Forces||UK|
|Oct 41||Guards Support Group||UK|
|Jun 42||Guards Armoured Division||UK|
|Jun 44||Guards Armoured Division||NW Europe|
|Jun 45||Guards Division||NW Europe|
|Feb 40||A, B|
|Jan 41||A, B, C|
|Mar 42||P, Q, R|
|Jan 43||129, 130, 131|
|1944||25 pdr Self Propelled Sexton|