149 (Lancashire Yeomanry) Field Regiment RA (TA) was converted at Rugeley from 149 Royal Horse Artillery in January 1940, with two batteries . In June 1941, in Egypt, 149 (Lancashire Yeomanry) Field Regiment RA (TA) was converted to 149 (Lancashire Yeomanry) Anti-Tank Regiment with 4 batteries. The Regiment went into suspended animation in June 1945 and was re-constituted as 349 Light Anti-Aircraft Regiment RA(TA) in January 1947.
Illustrations of the formation badges under which a unit served or supported are given. This is no guarantee that the unit used this formations badge.
|1 Jun 40||Converted from 149 RHA||Rugeley, Staffordshire, UK|
|17 Jun 40||38 Infantry Division||Stafford, Staffordshire, UK
2 x 13 pdr guns manned at
|Jul 40||2 (London) Division||Stafford, Staffordshire, UK|
|13 Aug 40||2 (London) Division||Great Malvern, Worcestershire, UK|
|3 Oct 40||2 (London) Division||Stourbridge, West Midlands, UK|
|18 Mar 41||Embarked for Middle East|
|Jun 41||Arrived Egypt||Mena, Egypt|
|Jun 41||Converted to 149 Anti-Tank Regiment|
|Jun 40||432, 433|
|Aug 40||12 x French 75 mm guns|
|Sep 40||Quad gun tractors|
|16 Nov 40||75 mm’s returned to store|
|30 Nov 40||25 pdr|