146 (Pembroke & Cardiganshire) Field Regiment RA (TA) was formed in July 1939 with two batteries as a duplicate of 102 Field Regiment. A third battery was formed in January 1941. The Regiment moved to North Africa in September 1942 and then Italy one year later before becoming a Medium Regiment. 146 (Pembroke & Cardiganshire) Field Regiment RA (TA) converted to 146 (Pembroke & Cardiganshire) Medium Regiment RA (TA) in October 1944. Post war it went into suspended animation in January 1946 and was disbanded in January 1947.
Illustrations of the formation badges under which a unit served or supported are given. This is no guarantee that the unit used this formations badge.
(Title authorised February 1942)
|Jul 39||38 Infantry Division||Aberystwyth, Dyfed, UK|
|May 42||Home Forces||UK|
|Sep 42||8 Armoured Division||N Africa|
|Oct 42||8 Armoured Division||Alamein, Egypt|
|Dec 42||7 Armoured Division||N Africa|
|Aug 43||Hammerforce||N Africa|
|Sep 43||10 Corps||Salerno, Italy|
|Dec 43||Became 146 Medium Regiment|
|Jul 39||407 (Cardigan), 408 (Cardigan)|
|Jan 41||407, 408, 510|
|May 42||407, 408, 510, 282 Anti-Tank Battery|
|Sep 42||407, 408, 510|
|Sep 42||Stuart Observation Post tanks|