134 (East Anglian) Field Regiment RA (TA) was formed in May 1939 at Stratford with two batteries as a duplicate of 85 (East Anglian) Field Regiment. A third battery was raised in January 1941 at Stanley, Co. Durham. The Regiment moved to India in May 1942. It was re-designated as 134 (East Anglian) Jungle Field Regiment in October 1943 and reverted to the Field role in July 1944. 134 (East Anglian) Field Regiment RA (TA) converted to 134 Medium Regiment in October 1944. Post war the Regiment went into suspended animation in March 1946 and was disbanded in January 1947.
Illustrations of the formation badges under which a unit served or supported are given. This is no guarantee that the unit used this formations badge.
(Title authorised February 1942)
|May 39||54 Infantry Division||Stratford, London, UK|
|May 42||19 Indian Division||Bangalore, India|
|Jun 42||19 Indian Division||Ranipet, Madras, India|
|Jul 43||19 Indian Division||Trichinopoly, India|
|Jul 43||Converted to Jungle Field Regiment|
|Dec 43||19 Indian Division||Bangalore, India|
|Jan 44||19 Indian Division||Deolali, India|
|Jun 44||19 Indian Division||Poona, India|
|Jul 44||Reverted to Field Regiment|
|Oct 44||Became 134 Medium Regiment|
|May 39||213 (Essex), 340 (Essex)|
|Jan 41||213, 340, 498|