123 (West Riding) Field Regiment RA (TA) was formed in May 1939 with two batteries as a duplicate of 71 Field Regiment. When 46 Division joined the BEF in France it was as a labour Division. Their support units including 123 Field remained in the UK. In December 1940 a third battery was formed at Houghton le Spring, Sunderland. In November 1944 it converted to 123 (West Riding) Parachute Field Regiment RA (TA) reverting to a standard field regiment in September 1945. Post war the Regiment went into suspended animation in September 1946 and was re-constituted as 323 (West Riding) Light Anti-Aircraft Regiment RA(TA) in January 1947.
Illustrations of the formation badges under which a unit served or supported are given. This is no guarantee that the unit used this formations badge.
(Title authorised February 1942)
|May 39||46 Infantry Division||Sheffield, Yorkshire, UK|
|Apr 40||46 Infantry Division||UK|
|Jun 40||46 Infantry Division||UK|
|Jul 40||Home Forces||UK|
|Aug 42||32 Indian Armoured Division||Poona, India|
|Nov 44||Became 123 Parachute Field Regiment|
|Sep 45||Reverts to 123 Field Regiment|
|May 39||283 (9th West Riding), 284 (12th West RIding)|
|Dec 40||283, 284, 488|