120 (South Midland) Field Regiment RA (TA) was formed in July 1939 at Solihull with two batteries as a duplicate of 68 Field Regiment. In March 1941 a third battery was formed. The Regiment wore an arm badge on the battledress of a white bear and ragged staff. Post war 120 (South Midland) Field Regiment RA (TA) went into suspended animation in April 1946 and was re-constituted as 320 (South Midland) Heavy Anti-Aircraft Regiment RA(TA) in January 1947.
Illustrations of the formation badges under which a unit served or supported are given. This is no guarantee that the unit used this formations badge.
(Title authorised February 1942)
|Jul 39||61 Infantry Division||Birmingham, UK|
|Jun 40||61 Infantry Division||Northern Ireland|
|Feb 43||61 Infantry Division||Essex, UK|
|May 43||61 Infantry Division||Kent, UK|
|Jun 44||48 Infantry Division||UK|
|Jul 39||270 (Warwick), 272 (Warwick)|
|Mar 41||270, 272, 485|
|Aug 45||146, 270, 272, 485|