538 (Clyde) Coast Regiment RA (TA) was formed from the Clyde Heavy Regiment RA (TA), in January 1941. By the end of the war the Regiment became the HQ for a number of batteries stationed in the Orkney & Shetland Defences (OSDEF). The Regiment was placed in suspended animation in January 1946. 538 (Clyde) Coast Regiment RA (TA) was reconstituted as 416 (Clyde) Coast Regiment RA (TA) in January 1947.
Illustrations of the formation badges under which a unit served or supported are given. This is no guarantee that the unit used this formations badge.
|Jan 41||Formed from Clyde Heavy Regiment||Clyde, Argyll & Bute, UK|
|Jan 41||Scottish Command||Clyde, Argyll & Bute, UK|
|Dec 42||Clyde Fire Command||Clyde, Argyll & Bute, UK|
|Jan 46||Suspended animation|
|Jan 41||A, B, C, 407 (Stranraer)|
|Apr 41||152 (Cloch Point), 153 (Toward Castle), 154, 155 (Dunoon), 407|
|Sep 42||152, 153, 155, 308 (Ardhallow), 407|
|Jun 45||141, 142, 144, 158, 223, 268, 369|