Harbour Fire Command was re-designated 1 Heavy Regiment Royal Malta Artillery in February 1940. By June 1940 the batteries were as follows – 1 Battery, Fort San Rocco & Delimara; 2 Battery, Fort Tigne & Campbell Battery; 3 Battery, Fort St Elmo & Fort Ricasoli. In December 1940 all Heavy Regiments were re-designated Coast Regiments. The Regiment converted to 1 Heavy Anti-Aircraft Regiment RMA in June 1956.
|Aug 39||Formed by re-designation of Harbour Fire Command, Fort St. Elmo||Malta|
|Aug 39||Harbour Fire Command||Malta|
|Dec 40||Became 1 Coast Regiment RMA||Malta|
|Aug 39||1, 2, 3|
|Oct 40||1, 2, 3, 4|