414 Battery Royal Horse Artillery had been a battery in 104 Royal Horse Artillery (Essex Yeomanry) (TA). In January 1942 it was detached and sent to Burma (Myanmar) under 7 Armoured Brigade. 414 Battery Royal Horse Artillery was expanded in August to form 14 Royal Horse Artillery.
Illustrations of the formation badges under which a unit served or supported are given. This is no guarantee that the unit used this formations badge.
|Jan 42||7 Armoured Brigade||Egypt|
|Feb 42||7 Armoured Brigade||Rangoon, Burma (Myanmar)|
|May 42||7 Armoured Brigade||Chindwin River, Burma (Myanmar)|
|May 42||7 Armoured Brigade||Poona, India|
|May 42||7 Armoured Brigade||Dhond, India|
|Aug 42||7 Armoured Brigade||Dhond, India|
In August 1942, 414 Battery was informed it was to be expanded into a two battery Regiment. Until a name for these new units was decided it would be known as X RHA with 414 & Y Batteries. On the 1 September 1942 the new regiment came into being as 14 Royal Horse Artillery. It was now a three battery Regiment with the original 414 Battery, the recently independent 524 Battery and the newly formed 525 Battery (ex Y).
|Jan 42||25 pdr Guns, Quad Tractors – D & E Troops 4 guns each|
|Feb 42||Stuart Tank as Observation Post – 1 per Troop on loan from supported unit|
D Troop with 7 Hussars, E Troop with 2 RTR