106 Royal Horse Artillery (Lancashire Yeomanry) (TA) was converted from 106 (Lancashire Yeomanry) Field Brigade RA (TA) in November 1938 with two batteries. The unit formed at Shaw Street Liverpool. On its arrival in North Africa in August 1940, the Regiment was employed as a Light Anti-Aircraft/Anti-Tank unit. 106 Royal Horse Artillery (Lancashire Yeomanry) (TA) was converted to 106 (Lancashire Hussars) Light Anti-Aircraft Regiment RA (TA) in March 1941. It was disbanded (later in suspended animation) in July 1941 and reconstituted as 306 (Lancashire Hussars) Heavy Anti-Aircraft Regiment RA (TA) in January 1947.
Illustrations of the formation badges under which a unit served or supported are given. This is no guarantee that the unit used this formations badge.
|3 Sep 39||Western Command||Liverpool, Merseyside, UK|
|Nov 39||1 Cavalry Division||UK|
|Jan 40||1 Cavalry Division||Palestine|
|Aug 40||British Troops Egypt||N Africa|
|Feb 41||British Troops Egypt||Benghazi, Libya|
|Mar 41||Became 106 Light Anti-Aircraft Regiment RA|
|3 Sep 39||423, 424|
|Aug 40||1 (A/Tk), 2 (A/Tk), 3 (AA), 4 (AA)|
|Sep 39||423 Battery 18 pdr Guns, 424 Battery 4.5 inch Howitzers|
|Oct 40||2 batteries 37mm Bofors, 2 batteries 20 mm Breda 35 AA/ATk Guns|