11 Heavy Anti-Aircraft Regiment Royal Malta Artillery was formed in September 1939 with two batteries. By June 1940, the batteries were located at: 20 Battery, Delimara; 21 Battery, Tal Krok. Further batteries were added in 1940 with 22 Battery, Ricasoli; 30 Battery (Dockyard Defence Battery). There were further changes later. In May 1945, RHQ was placed in suspended animation at Fort St Elmo. The Regiment was re-formed at Hompesch in October 1952 as 11 Heavy Anti-Aircraft Regiment Royal Malta Artillery (T).
Illustrations of the formation badges under which a unit served or supported are given. This is no guarantee that the unit used this formations badge.
|Sep 39||Formed as 11 Anti-Aircraft Regiment Royal Malta Artillery||Malta|
|Sep 39||Malta Command||Malta|
|Jun 40||Became 11 Heavy Anti-Aircraft Regiment RMA||Malta|
|May 41||10 Anti-Aircraft Brigade|
|May 45||Suspended animation|
|Sep 39||20, 21|
|Sep 40||20, 21, 22 LAA, 30 LAA|
|Mar 41||20, 21, 23|
|Nov 43||5, 20, 21, 23|